bag it, man



Rodriguez - Jane S Piddy
"
Now you sit there thinking feeling insecure
The mocking court gesture claims there is no proven cure

Go back to your chamber, your eyes upon the wall

'Cos you got no one to listen, you got no one to call

And you think I'm curious

Drifting, drowning in a purple sea of doubt

You wanna hear she loves you

but the words don't fit the mouth

You're a loser, a rebel, a cause without

But don't think me callous

Dancing Rosemary, disappearing sister Ruth

It's just your yellow appetite

that has you choking on the truth

You gave in, you gave out, outlived your dreams of youth


And I can't get jealous

So go on, you'll continue with your nose so open wide
Knocking on that door that says "Hurry come inside"
But don't bother to buy insurance 'cos you've already died

And you can't be serious

I saw my reflection in my father's final tears
The wind was slowly melting, San Francisco disappears
Acid heads, unmade beds, and you Woodward world queers

I know you're lonely
I know you're lonely
I know you're lonely...

Spoken:
Thanks for your time
And you can thank me for mine
And after that's said
Forget it

Bag it, man

(Okay)
"





http://www.pulsamerica.co.uk


ENGLISH)
What a song - isn't it?! I really feel the words. I also try to make more music. I will add my two songs I published lately on Soundcloud below. Hope you will enjoy them and let me know what you think and feel about it.
I will try to tell you something about the man who wrote and sang the song above. I think he did with lots of love. For sure.
I saw the documentary film "Searching for Sugar Man" which is telling his story and the one who saw it probably don't need to read through all this. 
But nevertheless I may introduce you Sixto Diaz Rodriguez also known as Rodrìguez or as Jesús Rodríguez born on July 10th in 1942.
He is a Mexican American folk musician based in Detroit, Michigan. Detroit is the most popular city in the U.S. state Michigan, besides. Thank you wikipedia, you are pretty smart. I love you! 
Truly.
Rodriguez' career was pretty short. He released "only" two little-sold albums in the early 1970s and did some little touring through Australia. His music became really like REALLY successful in South Africa. There for some reason a rumor went around that he had committed suicide. Which isn't true of course. The film will tell you everything about the effort of two fans in the late 1990's to find out wether the rumoured death of him was true, and, if not, to find out what had become of him. You should watch it. If you haven't done it. Or watch it again. Even just to hear the charming music floating and surrounding you. Bla. Bla.
"cause the sweetest kiss I ever got it the one I've never tasted" and lines like "and I make 16 solid half hour friendships every evening" makes it so easy to like him and his sound.
I also found out, thank you Mr. Wikipedia again, that on may 9th 2013, so quite recent, Rodriguez received a honorary doctorate! So thank you Dr. Rodriguez for the kindest music I heard through the morning time.


http://upload.wikimedia.org , 
http://www.pulsamerica.co.uk



DEUTSCH)
Ein wunderschönes Lied oder?! Man fühlt die einzelnen Wörter die zusammen eine so geschmeidig schöne Zeile ergeben. Es ist echt schwierig, wenn man auf Englisch angefangen hat, das ganze so auch auf Deutsch gut wiederzubringen. Ganz schön harter Brocken, den die ganzen Buchübersetzer schlucken müssen. Puh!
Ich werde zukünftig verstärkt versuchen mich der Musik viel mehr zu widmen. Ich habe in mir ferner Vergangenheit zwei Liederchen in meinen Soundcloud Account reingeladen, hochgeladen. Wie auch immer. Siehe unten.
Hoffe ihr genießt den Klang und teilt mir dann unbedingt mit, wie ihr ihn findet. Gut, schlecht? Kacke, al dente? Irgendwie sowas.
Ich versuche dir den Herren, der dieses wunderschöne Lied, siehe oben, veröffentlicht, produziert, musiziert hat, etwas näher zu bringen. Nachdem ich den aktuellen Dokumentarfilm "Searching for Sugarman" über ihn und mit ihm gesehen habe wurde ich etwas neugierig. Wer ihn gesehen hat, braucht nicht unbedingt weiterlesen. Aber gerne.
Aber nichtsdestotrotz, Rodriguez wurde am 10. Juli 1942 geboren und es handelt sich hier um einen Mexikanisch-Amerikanischen Folkmusiker. Er lebt zur Zeit in Detroit, einer der beliebtesten und belebtesten Städte im US-Staat Michigan. Danke Herr Wikipedia, dass ich dich immer um Rat fragen kann und du mir so viele Details ausspuckst. Herrlich! Danke! Ich liebe dich, wahrhaftig!
Sixto Diaz Rodriguez, oftmals auch Rodríguez oder Jesús Rodríguez genannt, hatte eine sehr kurzlebige Karriere. Er brachte in den 70ern zwei Alben heraus, die sich nicht allzu oft verkaufen ließen. Allerdings hatte er mit seiner Musik sehr große Begeisterung in Südafrika ausgelöst. In den 90ern verbreitete sich, komischerweise, dort das Gerücht Rodriguez habe Selbstmord begangen. Sehr merkwürdig. Und zwei Fans, auch in den 90ern gingen dem ganzen hinterher und versuchten herauszufinden, ob das Ganze nun auf einer Wahrheit beruht oder nicht. In dem aktuellen Doku-Film geht's übrigens drüber. 
"cause the sweetest kiss I ever got it the one I've never tasted" und Formulierungen wie "and I make 16 solid half hour friendships every evening" machen es so schön leicht seine Musik zu mögen.
Am liebsten will man sie gar nicht mehr ausmachen. 
Habe auch über ihn, dank Mr. Wikipedia, gelesen, dass er nun einen Doktortitel von der Wayne State University in Detroit erhalten hat. Somit, danke Dr. Rodriguez für diese schöne Musik, welche mich den ganzen Morgen bis durch den Mittag begleitet hat. 


EDIT:











Kommentare

Beliebte Posts